Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sunrise Nippon!

Hello, everyone! ^^

I'm currently in the Boston Logan International Airport awaiting my flight to the Narita airport in Tokyo! My friend and I took a flight at 6 in the morning at BWI and arrived here at around 7AM. Now, we're just waiting around for our next flight at 1:20PM...Talk about down time! XD

While waiting for the check-in kiosk to open at BWI. 
Hobo-like airport fashion, check! XD


I had actually taken some of my airport fashion sense from one of my favorite characters from a Japanese drama that I've become a big fan of, Kimoto Mami of BOSS. :3

Kimoto is played by one of my favorite Japanese actresses, Toda Erika, and she is basically a lazy, apathetic forensics scientist who gets transferred to the Special Crimes Unit...That is until she meets the kickass BOSS, Osawa Eriko! ^^ 
Yes, even your slouchy fashion can be inspiring! 
So much plaid! So much science! XD

Anyways, I had already eaten a little on the plane ride over to Boston, so I only ate this yummy strawberry/blueberry yogurt thingy and a coffee from Starbucks. To my great amusement, the yogurt was actually from a place that was actually rather familiar...
Hey, look! It's a little bit of home! :3

Last summer, when I visited Taiwan to see my extended family, I had gotten one of these yogurt things too, and that one was also from Bethesda, MD. Apparently, Starbucks enjoys shipping its products from my hometown. ^^;; It's always a bit strange eating something from somewhere you had just left. XD

Thankfully, our traveling has gone quite smoothly. There were no problems when going through security and we haven't gone through any delays or cancellations. *knocks on cyber wood* The only slight damper was the getting "greeted" by the rude security people in Boston. The people at BWI were nice enough. - _____ - 
According to the Boston Logan airport, we are currently 6,697 miles away from Tokyo. :3

Anyways, I feel like some explanation for the title of this post is in order! "Sunrise Nippon" or "Sunrise日本" is the title of Arashi's second single ever, released all the way back in 2000. The title literally means "Sunrise Japan". :) I decided to reference it because the early morning nature of our first flight. ^^
Wow! This looks kind of dated already!

Unfortunately, "Sunrise Nippon" is also fixed in my mind by another moniker: "Worst music video EVER!". XD Look it up at your own risk. Everything from the awkward dancing to the cheap gas station set stuck in the 90's made this PV difficult to watch. Also, *tiny* Arashi didn't help things. I'm a firm believer that the Arashi boys were not attractive until AFTER they had grown up. XD

With that thought in mind, I hope that the rest of our trip is just as successful as it has been so far (and that I get to blog easily again soon)! ^^ 
Wish us luck! ^-^

Bye-bye for now! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment